You are about to arrive to the mecca of Africa safari – The Serengeti. We pair a once in a lifetime safari experience with world-class communication and behavior styles training and development. Anticipate an intimate, exclusive expedition (three to nine guests). Private expeditions for larger groups – family or team – are available.
Through this expedition, you will gain deep insight into your unique strengths and how to leverage them going forward. You will come to discover your excesses and blind spots but will be given actionable tools and strategies to mitigate them while taking your communication and behavior skills to a new level. You will learn to recognize preferences in others, while translating your communication in a way that fosters successful outcomes.
If you expedition with a group or significant other, you will also learn these same skills, but with direct application to the person(s) with whom you are attending. You, and anyone who attends with you, will depart the Serengeti energized, inspired, and more effective and more productive in these relationships. Your relationships will be stronger and changed forever.
This expedition leverages Prepare to Roar’s proprietary The ROAR Model®, which guides you in identifying the “right” prey (or goal) and escorts you through the learning and outcomes-driven expedition.
- We never max out game drive vehicles to ensure a better safari experience, unless requested by families/ groups
- We do not hide any costs – all transfers, park taxes and fees, ranger/ lodge tips, all meals and drinks (other than top shelf) are included in the expedition price
- You have a dedicated, personal guide with you every step of the way
- Expeditions are typically 6-7 days, extensions are available upon request
- Pricing is inclusive of private accommodations // no single supplement costs
- Pricing starts at $8,995 and up, not including airfare
- Discounts available for back-to-back expedition programming and alumni. Contact us for more information.
Accomplishments & Outcomes
- Learn the four fundamental, universal behavior and communication preferences
- Discover your own strengths and learn how to capitalize on those strengths
- Acknowledge your excesses and learn how to moderate those excesses to return them to strengths
- Uncover your blind-spots and learn how to fill them to become more versatile
- Appreciate your varying approaches in favorable and unfavorable conditions
- Align your intentions with your behaviors with your impact
- Recognize preferences in others
- Acquire the skill to translate your messages to get others to tune-in and for you to get action
- Leave with a powerful action plan, tools, and key take-aways that equip you and/ or your group to ROAR upon returning home
Who Should Join this Expedition?
- Individuals: individual contributors, rising stars, managers and leaders
- Teams: customized development for teams who are committed to establishing mutual respect, strengthening communication, increasing team productivity and effectiveness, impacting the culture of their organization
- Individuals: people committed to personal growth
- Couples or Families: couples/families who are passionate about developing stronger, deeper relationships, increasing mutual respect, strengthen communication
- Exclusive, fully private couple or family expeditions available
Upon arrival into the dramatic backdrop of Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (JRO) and throughout your expedition, your Prepare To Roar guides will provide a white glove experience. All you have to do is arrive and immerse yourself in the experience! International flight consultation is also available.
Most international flights arrive into Kilimanjaro International Airport in the evening. Prepare To Roar will pick you up and transport you directly to your accommodations to recover from your flight and recharge for a life-changing expedition!
Arrivals into Kilimanjaro
Private accommodations check-in
Group Breakfast: Welcome, Orientation & Expedition Kick-off
Early-afternoon flight into the Central Serengeti with a game-drive upon arrival
Late afternoon arrival to our lodge for the next three nights
Settle in with a sundowner & relaxing conversation around the fire
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate served bedside by your private butler
Group session through midmorning
Game drive until late afternoon, including a picnic lunch in the heart of the Serengeti
Sunrise game drive – a Serengeti sunrise is one you will remember forever!
Return to camp for lunch and group session
Individual reflection time
Late afternoon game drive with sundowners overlooking the endless plains!
Morning good-byes to your new friends (trust us when we say you will be amazed how quickly the staff will steal your hearts!)
Fly to the Northern Serengeti for check-in into what we like to call our shock & awe accommodations for the next three nights
See notes on risk page about this detail
Group session and lunch
Afternoon game drive
Individual breakfasts & private time
One-on-one coaching sessions begin
Final group session & lunch
Afternoon game drive (optional) or opt for a massage, reflection time on your deck in your private plunge pool overlooking the Serengeti, or… see notes on risk itinerary
This is 100% your day for final reflections and action planning!
Morning game drive (optional)
One-on-one coaching sessions
Guided Prepare to Roar action planning
Closing session over sundowners
Departures home or add-on experiences
Tight on Time?
Prepare To Roar has an expedited six-day version of this expedition available upon request.
Expedition pricing begins at $6,995 per person. Final pricing is dependent on season, double or single accommodations, and number of guests, including if booking a private expedition.
We like to emphasize, that unless otherwise requested for a private expedition, Prepare to Roar does not believe in “filling” or “stuffing” the game drive vehicle(s). Many companies fill every jeep seat to maximize profit, we believe in breathing room to maximize experience. You will be quickly thankful for this when we pass by other vehicles! We believe in providing you the best complete experience possible. We encourage lots of exploratory and confirming questions, if comparing experiences.
At Prepare To Roar, we design our programs to maximize your experience from touchdown to takeoff. The expedition includes all food & beverage (day one breakfast through departure day lunch), elite accommodations, private safaris, participant materials, your dedicated world-class expedition leader, park fees, and taxes. There are no hidden or surprise costs. Other than a few things listed below, everything is included, even tips for guides and housekeeping. Take your mind off the details and absorb the experience holistically.
The expedition price does not include:
- Your international airfare
- Intra-Serengeti flights (approximately $975)
- Food outside of meals listed above
- Top-shelf alcohol (simply ask your leader if you are unsure what’s not included)
- Incidentals or items of a personal nature
- Any required travel visas, medications, travel & medical insurance
Other Things to Do: Some expeditioners decide to extend their stay in Africa upon expedition conclusion. Here are a few suggestions and we are happy to be a soundboard:
- Prepare To Roar extension (Rwanda, Uganda, or Cape Town)
Ready to Go?
If you like this expedition,
please take a second to share with the world!