Welcome to Rwanda’s volcanic mists and home of the Mountain Silverback Gorillas! We pair an epic hike to spend time sitting with (literally!) a family of Gorillas with world-class focus and delegation learning. Anticipate an intimate, exclusive expedition (approximately three to seven guests). Private expeditions for larger groups – family or team — are available.
Our family of Gorillas will set the stage for learning how you can “manage your monkeys” to produce greater results, both for yourself and others, as well as get you precious time back in your life that you so badly need and deserve! This expedition utlizes Prepare to Roar’s proprietary The ROAR Model®, which guides you in identifying the “right” prey (or goal) and escorts you through the learning and outcomes-driven expedition to achieve that goal.
- We do not hide any costs – all transfers, park taxes and fees, ranger/ lodge tips, all meals and drinks (other than top shelf) are included in the expedition price
- You have a dedicated, personal guide with you every step of the way
- Expeditions are typically 4 days, extensions are available upon request
- Pricing is inclusive of private accommodations // no single supplement costs
- Pricing starts at $4,490 and up, not including airfare and gorilla permits
Accomplishments & Outcomes
- Acknowledge and recognize that you cannot and should not be doing it all
- Achieve laser-like focus and understanding where you should be spending your time
- Identify others who you can equip for success, including bench strength and succession planning
- Prepare for delegation conversations that will equip all players for success
- Create and leave with powerful action plans, tools, and key take-aways that will equip you to ROAR (achieve and maintain your delegation goals) upon returning home
Who Should Join this Expedition?
- Individuals: individual contributors, rising stars, managers and leaders
- Teams: teams have two options with this expedition: 1) allowing for each individual to experience his/ her own journey, yet having a shared experience upon which the team will bond and develop increased mutual respect 2) customized for groups focused on recaibrating roles and responsibilities ensuring the right people are working on the right tasks, including developing bench strength
- Individuals: people committed to personal growth, seeking more work-life balance or focus, eliminating white noise/ distractions
- Couples or Families: couples/ families passionate growing together and encouraging each other to spend time on what they do best and add more value to their time, interested in a completely different kind of vacation that will leave a lasting impact
- Exclusive, fully private couple or family expeditions available
Your expedition is 3 nights/ 4 days (this expedition pairs nicely with a Serengeti expedition). You will fly into Kigali, Rwanda. Upon being greeted at the airport by Prepare to Roar, you will spend the night in the amazing city of Kigali or taken straight away to the volcano region of Rwanda, depending on guest arrivals.
Arrival into Kigali & Transport to Hotel
Welcome, Orientation & Expedition Kick-off
Travel to Volcano Region
Local Immersive Behind-the-Scenes Village Tour of Delegation in Action
Individual Reflection & Guided Discovery
Individual Reflection & Guided Action Planning
Private Coaching Sessions with Prepare to Roar Leader
Final Group Session
Departures, with Optional Kigali Tours En-route to Airport
Your expedition investment in yourself or your group/ team typically ranges from $4,490 – $6,490 per person. Final pricing is dependent on the time of year, location of expedition welcome evening, the total number of guests, and if booking a private expedition.
At Prepare To Roar, we design our programs to maximize your experience from touchdown to takeoff. The expedition includes a private, dedicated, world-class expedition leader, all participant-learning materials, ground transportation, adventures, private accommodations and taxes, and non-alchoholic beverages, and meals (first breakfast through departure day lunch). There are no hidden or surprise costs. Other than a few things listed below, everything is included, even tips for guides, hotel, and waitstaff. Take your mind off the details and absorb the experience holistically.
The expedition price does not include:
- Your international airfare
- Food outside of meals listed above
- Rwandan Government Gorilla permits (varies by citizenship // USA $1,500)
- Incidentals or items of a personal nature (massages, gift shop, private excursions outside itinerary, etc.)
- Any required travel visas, medications, travel & medical insurance
Ready to Go?
If you like this expedition,
please take a second to share with the world!